2017年8月17日木曜日

To my friend in a detention center


Aug.14, 2017

Dear Alex,


September coming soon, I remember again the peace walk that we did with Jun-san, Alex, and other walkers at that time. That peace walk was made on September. It was my first walk such a long distance for days with someone.
Is it ok to write about it?

I didn't tell someone so much how it was to me. I feel like it maybe ok if telling you as you will understand the most what I felt. I didn't have a chance to ask you and other walkers that time what meaning the peace walk had to them. I should had asked. I'm sorry that I was too concentlated for myself.

The purpose of Peace Walk to me was to appeal to Japanese governments for voluntary evacuation of children and young mothers in Fukushima. It started with anger and dissatisfaction in such a absurd world. I felt so much so.

It was a painful walk from the begging, and got sweaty and became drowsy.
I suffered from pain and got a lot of help from Alex and other walkers. I'm very thankful you and their thoughtfulness.

I remember a change occurred in my mind halfway through the walk.

When my body and heart got peeked for hardness,
looking up at the blue sky while walking, I touched it, Just the bule.

It tinted my eyes with deep blue sky.

My body and mind were refreshing for deeply moving and I knew,
my anger disappeared.

I felt my heart was very clear and light.

I felt that the surrounding world looked different as well.
I noticed that walk was due to change of myself. It was not to change the world.

Then,
The world got tender.

I felt even love.

The people I met in Peace Walk were various races. Asia, American, White, Black, Native American, People speaking Spanish, Middle Eastern, Europe, etc.

Different culture, different appearance and country,
but I thought that none of them were different. They all had a wonderful smile.
When they smile, they looks a like. No border, Same human being in the Earth.
I saw a variety of religions, but the fundamental thing surely is the same,

Love is basic.

I felt that they would all be the same if we talked about love.
On the last day of the walk, when I met a consular office in the Japanese consulate in Boston, they said to us,

“Thank you so much for walking.”

I knew, love would open our heart.

Even if we once stands as the protesters vs against protesters,
we can share kind emotion with them.
and that is beginning of understanding each others.

That was my experience through walk.

I should had asked you that time.
I'm so sorry.

I'd like to let you know that,
I really had a wonderful time with you,

Thank you Alex.

------------

I am Japanese.

In 2011 I organized my peace walk with an American husband. After that, Lyme disease got worse and returned to Japan in 2013.

I knew that a boy who walked together in the walk is currently in a detention center in Long Island. I'm writing to him every week since March this year.
He was arrested for attempted terrorism and is likely to be in a jailed detention center for a long time.

I only spent for days with him by that walking. I didn't meet him after.
he walked instead of me for two days when I fell down in the walk advising me to take a rest. He is such a kind and decent boy in my memory. That is the boy what I know.

Only one time, a letter from him arrived. Because security seems severe.
I'm writing weekly as he wants to receive a letter from me as it's only what I can.Although he is faced with difficulties now, I think this is a life-lesson he chose. I'd like to encourage him as possible.

My English maybe not right though, I believe it works.